I am gay and proud.
When Oreo openly supported gay pride many homophobes made statements to boycott the company & LGBT folks everywhere along with allies went crazy “fighting back”
Chick-fil-a is outed as being homophobic and the LGBT community went crazy once more “fighting against” them.
As a group of people who spend our time fighting for EQUALITY and begging people to ACCEPT us for who we are and what we believe why should we boycott a company for having their own beliefs? Maybe that makes no sense but I certainly would not stop eating Chick-fil-a because they don’t believe the same things I do just as I wouldn’t expect homophobes to boycott Oreo for the same reason. Food is food, it has nothing to do with who I love or who I sleep with.
I stay out of this drama but that is my opinion of the day. Thanks for listening ^_^
- dodson123 likes this
- wasabi-lip likes this
- brookelynncity reblogged this from blacqueerwomyn
- blacqueerwomyn reblogged this from brookelynncity and added:
- blacqueerwomyn likes this
- laheys-bedsheets reblogged this from septemberfool and added:
- septemberfool posted this